Acknowledging that emerging documentary filmmakers sometimes have limited access to resources, we are pleased to be able to extend our facilities and expert guidance to our alumni community. We are glad to be able to offer access to a free, well-equipped and creative work space to advance your films.
One alumnus will be selected to receive the Editing Fellowship, which includes 24/7 access to a semi-private edit room in the SocDoc Department from May 14-August 23, 2019.
Ideal projects for the fellowship will be edited full time throughout the summer by the SocDoc alumnus. The alumnus should be a primary creative force in the creation of the film. This is not a resource for for-hire work.
To apply, please send:
- a one-page description of the film including key crew,
- an estimated production timeline,
- and a letter of interest explaining your plans for the editing, and why the fellowship will benefit you best
Please feel free to be in touch with any questions. We look forward to working with you this summer!
Editing Fellowship Benefits Include:
Private Edit Suite & Software
- Semi-private editing room/workspace
- 24 hours a day, 7 days week access
- Post-production Hardware
- Computer Workstation - MacPro 6 core/64GB ram/Dual AMDD500 GPU
- Apple Cinema Dual monitor displays
- Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD Thunderbolt I/O (rec.709 input and output for color grading/client monitor)
- FSI AM210 Calibrated Reference/Grading monitor
- KRK Rokit5 Powered, near field audio monitors
- Access to Terrablock local shared storage server, storage space allocated as needed up to 2TB.
- Blackmagic Teranex 3D (legacy formats and standards conversion, for archival conversion and upresing)
- Post-production Software (installed and licensed)
- Avid Media Composer (including, Symphony and ScriptSync options)
- Adobe CC 2019, Full suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro 7 (legacy, limited support)
- Davinci Resolve (including rec.709 monitoring)
- Boris FX Continuum Complete effects and titling suite (AVX, for Media Composer host)
- Izotope RX and Final Mix audio plugins
- Many additional utilities and tools, including MS Office Suite, Apple Compressor, PluralEyes, Inqscrib
- Voice-over booth with ProTools station
- Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 Audio interface
- Neumann microphone
- Additional audio plugins including Izotope Nectar
- Access to sound FX library and stock music library
- Post-Production tech support and workflow consultation
- Feedback, advisement and mentoring
- Computer, printing, Wi-Fi
- Phone, fax
- Package receipt
- Limited storage
- SocDoc Film Library Access
- Two uses over the next year for work-in-progress screenings of this film.
- Access is with permission and pending schedule availability